Saturday, June 21, 2008

While I Was Gone.....

Wow, it's been a while! I've been away at Quest Camp the past week with a friend --actually, best friend. I have many a funny story to tell you. To be honest, I'm not all that sure who you is, or if anybody is actually reading this and I'm waisting my time when I could be..........washing dishes? Ih, no I think I'll stick with this.

Okay, first funny story. oh, some things you need to know first:
(1) Sponge war is kind of like dodge ball, only with water sponges. There is a big (and when I say big, I mean BIG) feild that you play in. Down the middle of the feild is a rope that marks off the two teams boundry. There is a big tub full of water that you dip the sponges in, overlapping the rope so that both teams can get to it.

(2) To play medic: if you get hit with a sponge, you're dead. (Happy thing, huh? :) But, you can be revived if your teams medic pours a bucket of water on you.

Right, so, we were playing sponge wars (medic version, of course) and I was doing pretty good at it. Better than most of the guys, in fact (yes, I LOVE to brag LOL!) . So I make my way to the water tub to get my sponges wet, when.......I get hit. :( Okay, so there's alot of people dipping in their sponges and the pulling them out really fast, so there's a bunch of standing water on the ground, and it's pretty dang muddy. So the rules are, where you get hit, you have to sit (excuse the little rhyme, I didn't mean for that to happen, but it's pretty cool though...). So, I sit in the mud.
Ten mins. have past. The medic has not gotten me back it the game. I am coverd in mud, and steaming mad. To top it all off, there's a huge storm rolling in. Now, it wouldn't be that bad, but It was coming from both sides of the lake --did I mention we were on a lake? I'll get to that next story. I go to our recreation-counsiler who was hosing people off to wait for my turn. Finally my turn came (last of course).
So, now: I'm soaked to the bone, the storm is almost here, I'm freezing, and I made the mistake of wearing a white T-shirt and getting very, very wet. I shall not explain that one any further. Okay, so I don't want to drip water all over the floor of the room, so I get my clothes and go change in the shower.
Once I had my shirt off, and I discovered that the draw-string of my shorts are in a knot, a bunch of girls come in there shouting that there's a tornado watch.

Marvelous.
I broke the draw-string, got dried off and clothes on in probably record breaking time, fueled by panic, ran to the Sanctuary with everyone else. We watched Jonah, a Veggie Tales Movie. I love Veggie Tales. :)


Second Funny story:

Okay, I was on the waterfront one day, when I discovered that I had a hidden talent: Kayaking.
So, I'm out on the water, paddling around, when this guy's kayak capsises. I paddle over there and see that he's not wearing an orange wristband (an orange wristband means that you passed the swimming test) and so I start freaking out. I yell at him to grab onto my boat; he looks at me funny and then stands up. It is then I notice that the water is only knee deep.
So yeah. That's about my week.

No comments: