Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stupidity = Injury

Have you ever done something SO stupid and ended up paying for it? I'm sure we all have. A few days ago, I was playing basketball with my dad, when I decided to do a few cartwheels.
Now at my house, we have this hill that's really good for sledding down when it snows (which, in the South, is not very often *sob*) and riding a bike down at high speed. So I thought, Hey! What if it's good to turn multi-cartwheels too?

Now, before we go any further, it needs to be said that earlier in the day, my mom had found a baby snake it our garden. At first I thought it was a Garter snake and had yet to convince my mom to set it back out. I was wrong. It was actually a baby copperhead. So when my dad got home from work, they found out what it was and killed it. I didn't actually see them kill it, or know where they put it, I was probably in my room listening to Metallica or battling with the radio antenna.

Okay, back to my stupidity. I tried a few cartwheels at first, but didn't go very far. For the grand finally, I went about six feet down the road before I slipped, skinned my elbow, and bruised the side of my foot.
Can you guess what I slipped it? Yes, it was the baby copperhead.


Ick!!!!!!!!
~Minx

No comments: