Thursday, July 10, 2008

Drivers Ed.


Well, today I started my first drivers session of D.E. I was pretty nervous this morning, what with all the pacing, and waking up @ 5:30 am (OMG!!) , writing sentences saying "I am not a crazy person." and "I am not a nervous wreck.
I was pretty nervous at first, but I did better than I thought I would --much better.

oh, and if you're one of my friends reading this, no, I didn't kill anybody. You should be very proud, but like I said, it's the first day.

My instructor had me to stop at a BP station so he could get some coffee. When he got back in the car, he set his drink down and said, "Now, if you spill any of my coffee, you fail."
It was at that moment that the little voice in the back of my head said to me: ''That coffee looks pretty hot, you better be careful. Remember the Jo-Anne incident?"
I replied, "Oh, yes. I remember that day."
Everybody looked at me like I was crazy.

I am not a crazy person.
I am not a crazy person.
I am not a crazy person.

Perhaps I should explain the Jo-Anne incident.

At my old school, we always had a Valentines Day/Talent Show dinner. Our school's FFA chapter always sponsored it, AKA worked, set up, cooked, served, entertained, and cleaned.
It wasn't that bad, except when people wanted coffee. We had a very, very, VERY slow coffee maker. There were students standing around, tapping their feet, sighing exasperatingly, and- well, whatever people do when they're bored or impatient.
Anyway, when I finally got my ordered 3 cups of boiling hot coffee, I was about to open the kitchen door, when suddenly it swings wildly towards me, and the drinks spilled on my clean, white, OD (official dress), shirt! Did I mention the coffee was very hot??
So, yeah. The coffee burnt me, it was Jo-Anne's fault, yada, ya.

Right, back to drivers ed....
Like I said, I was pretty nervous this morning, until I took myself aside and had a little I'm-going-to-have-a-one sided-conversation-with-myself-but-I-swear-I'm-not-crazy, chat.
I said: "You're pretty nervous right?" I nodded. "And you're not really sure you want a licence or a car, huh?" I nodded again. "You like Jaquelynn's car, right?" (Jaquelynn is one of my story characters)

I replied: "I gave her my dream car."

I said: "That's right! Now wouldn't you want to drive her car if you ever got the chance?"

I smile: "Oh defiantly!!"

I say smuggly: "Too bad. If you never get over this fear, you'll never get to driver your dream car." I start to sulk. "Will you get over your fear?" I nod vigorously. "Good."


Call me crazy, but it worked! :)

~Minx

ps- I like old cars. The car pictured in the top right corner is a 1952 2 door convertible black Cadillac (my dream car).

No comments: