Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patricks Day Concert 2009

oh, my God. The concert was amazing!!! We finally got put on the stage this year, since they extended it. There's nothing like having twenty dancers pounding on a wooden floor with their extra-muscular legs and stomp shoes. It felt like an earthquake.

The Galloway Ramblers (the kid ceilidh-or group if you will) played some featured pieces. I think we did pretty good. If I can get a hold of one, I'll try to post a pic up here of us. My "twin" Sarah, talked me into dying my bangs green. It was pretty cool, but the hairspray stunk like.....stinky stuff. LOL If you had to sit next to me, and your'e reading this....I'm very sorry.
My fiddle teacher and our fearless leader, brought Shamrock headband bobbers and big green hats. My friend Corey (who also plays fiddle) put two pairs of bobbers and a hat on me.
Me: "Now I look like a demented blond!- oh...wait..."


Here are the dancers (look demonic don't they? lOL) These are from a few yrs ago BTW.





^
And this is the band (also from last year). you can see me right here /
I'm the blond in green who isn't playing because that was my first
year playing fiddle.

Any way, I'll try to find some pics from this Yr.
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!
~Minx/Meg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cool, we had a celi today to at a town hall 3 hrs. 5 kids danced for a tv show, everyone for the celi, 10 kids tonight, most peeps on 17th, and there was a show at the allenwood retirement center for st. pats

Minx said...

WOW! 3 hrs? We have another concert 2marrow nite called "Irish Done Right" (?) lol

~Meg

Minx said...

BTW: Do you know a song called The Gravel Walk , also called Gravel Walks?

It's a reel. My fave! XD
~Meg