Thursday, April 23, 2009

Squishy, Squishy Squid....

I dissected a squid today. My friend Brittany and I and the middle school class went to the Catawba Science Center. The high school class went last month, but I was booked to play my fiddle at a funeral, and Britt was visiting family up in Ohio.
Any way, we dissected a squid!

This is exactly what it looked like, actually (the species, not the exact, mutilated squid...).
Everyone wore rubber gloves except me and Britt. We were digging around in it with our bare hands XD lol
We also got to ear Calamari (squid) and i got a tentacle stuck in my braces, but Brittany graciously stuck her hand in my mouth and got it out.

--Thanks Britt.--

After wards, the group had some time left over so we went to see the Swamp Things exhibit.

No comments: